Monday 5 March 2012

London

I've finally accepted it. I'm moving to London.

Not Doctor Who's London, but Justin Beiber's London.

My husband received an early acceptance to Western University for Philosophy. He's been very successful in carrying a full course load* and a full time job.

To be a good and supporting wife, I am going with him. He would do the same for me. Thankfully I'm not too attached to my job. The things I want in life are very simple; and I thank my husband for making me really think about what I want.

I want blue skies, a vegetable garden, and a purpose. I"m not sure what that purpose is, but I know that I haven't found it yet in Ottawa. Maybe I should be willing to expand my horizons and see this as an opportunity.

I don't want to leave behind the bonds I've created. Finally -- FINALLY -- have a good set of friends.  But, if they are the set of friends I believe they are, they will still be here when I return.

Maybe I'll open a home-daycare.

Maybe I'll work in a bakery.

Maybe I'll open my own listening practice**.




* That doesn't include the extra TA-ships he's taken, the extra french courses, the extra work that the student board he's on asks for, or the extra debating/shouting matches every Thursday night.

** Slowly bringing together the need for listeners. Not therapists, not psychos, not friends. A listener. How much would you pay to just have someone listen to your problems?

1 comment:

  1. I would totally pay to have Nya listen to my problems...does this mean I have to back-pay you? :)

    ReplyDelete