Monday 4 June 2012

I'd really like to win. Day 1 of ARC Contest

I'm only doing this because I really want to win. But I'll try to make it worth while.

Contest: Win Maggie Stiefvater's latest book; The Raven Boys



Synopsis from Maggie's official website;

Coming September 18, 2012. Book one of a new four-book series. Richard "Dick" Gansey has it all: family money, good looks, devoted friends. But he's on a quest for much more: Glendower, a legendary Welsh king.
Blue Sargent, the daughter of the town psychic, has been told for as long as she can remember that if she ever kisses her true love, he will die. Surrounded by the Raven Boys — the rich boys at prestigious Aglionby Academy — she never thought this prediction would be a problem. When Gansey and his Raven Boys enter her life, however, she's not so sure.

Book 1 in a 4!!! book series.

I first began to be a fan of Maggie when she released Shiver. I was a sucker for the front cover; it was different. There are certain things about Maggie that makes her stand out from the other authors.  One of them was her choices in book cover art and ink. When I first opened Shiver, I immediately noticed the ink was a blue. A dark enough blue to read comfortably, but definitely -blue- to match the cover. I thought this was was. Clearly, creativity was a mark of this author I hadn't experienced, so without even looking at what the story was about, I bought it.

I inhaled Shiver.

Going in the vein of twilight and the YA boom of books, Shiver was different. Maggie was different.  I told everyone and anyone who had the same interests as me to read this book. I lent it out to about 4 different girls. I always got the same positive feedback. Sam was Hot, Grace was awesome, and WTH HAPPENS NEXT?


Which is a small part of why I want to read The Raven Boys. Apart from the story being intriguing,  I have concrete proof Maggie will write an ending that will pleasantly torture me until the next book is out.

xox
R


No comments:

Post a Comment